dimanche 1 juillet 2018

Angelo Secchi 200 years anniversary

According to Wikipedia, Angelo Secchi was born on june 28th, 1818. Two hundred years later, I took a spectrum of beta Lyrae to commemorate his birth as he is the one that discovered Be stars such as gamma Cas and beta Lyrae.


To add some twist to it, it happend that I was in a business trip in Lille that night so I acquired the spectrum remotely and using my smart phone - what great technologies we have nowadays!


The summer is there we have lot of great (but short) nights. I have been observing twelve night since june 15th and I have passed the 20000 spectra/orders in BeSS milestone now. Next goal is 1000 Halpha spectra there!


Milky way from home with our latest TZ100 Lumix camera
One single 30sec exposure!


1 commentaire: