dimanche 23 avril 2017

Maintenance

Some work beeing done at the observatory:

-new PC (with no mechanical hard drive) installed; much much better and I can leave it ON for long period of time now...

-weather station reinstalled and ok. I had to change the external sensors (Oregon WMR200 model, but spares won't be supported long - a shame!). Weather is now updated every 15min live on:




-LAN at ther observatory is now wired to the house but still use CPL between the box and the LAN line. Testing show a 50% downside in performance but I'm running around 4Mb/s DOWN and 1Mb/sec UP for the ethernet which is more than ok for my need. I should be able to run Astrometry.Net with better performance now...

-The new PC has four seriel ports so I got rid of the Serial/USB converter, much better for reliability as those things are not very reliable.


-outdoor varnish of the newly replaced door and complete southern side of the wooden house

-the Losmandy Titan mount requires a strong refurbishment, this is the next step (CR2032 battery replaced today).

-the garden has never been so cleaned up as I have some time to do it this year...

-two chicken now lives nearby... we got fresh eggs every day now! :-)



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire