mercredi 29 juillet 2015

eShel fiber injection unit

I made some changes tonight on the telescope. I have added a flip mirror so I can look at the field of view without removing the eShel fiber injection unit; very convenient when using the telescope for star watching! :-)

Here is a picture of the telescope under the dome with the new setup at the back; I also improve the cable management:


I measured the focal length of the guiding camera and taking into account the 1.5x focal change at the fiber injection unit, I obtained around 1797mm, so around F/6.42 for my 280mm (C11) telescope.

Tonight I spent lot of times to focus the telescope by maximizing the spectrum output on 20sec exposures; I have been able to basically gain 40% of flux with this method - not bad!

I took some spectra of Albireo B (beta Cygni B), a Be type star. With the ST1603XME camera (cooled at -5°C), I got about 7000 ADU on Halph of that Be star - still need to improve the telescope collimation to get more flux into the spectrograph...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire